9/2/08

Stamina

How does she do it???

The girl got up before 7:00 a.m. and had an incredibly busy day. She came home from school and played all night. We took a walk and went to the park. We followed our night routine and still she is up in her bed awake.

Aubrie: "Mommy, I can't sleep."

Mommy: "Aubrie you need to close your eyes and be very still and quiet."

Aubrie: "But Mommy I can't stop thinking. My brain and heart are thinking about one and a billion and sixty things. And a hundred more than that too!"

Mommy: "That's a lot of things!!!" (Hiding muffled laughter)

Aubrie: "Mommy, can we just talk for a while?"

Mommy: "Sure."

Aubrie: "I want to tell you something about Kindergarten."

Mommy: "I'm listening." (Ears have perked up with interest)

Aubrie: "I really like nap time the best!"

Mommy: "Oh, really?" (I'm confused...she wouldn't nap when she was at home)

Aubrie: "Only Mommy..."

Mommy: "Yes honey?"

Aubrie: "I really need a pillow because it wasn't very comfy and I couldn't fall asleep and we only had a little bit of time for rest...only like ten minutes or maybe it was twelve, I think."

Mommy: "Did any other kids have a pillow?" (Starting to feel guilty)

Aubrie: "No, but could I please take my big, orange squishy pillow...pleeeeeeeeease?"

Mommy: "No and now it's time to close your eyes."

Aubrie: "Okay...but Mommy..."

Mommy: "Yes Aubrie?" (Starting to get a little bit tired)

Aubrie: "I know I won't fall asleep. AND I PROMISE I WILL COME IN YOUR BED LATER."

Mommy: "Good night, Aubrie, close your eyes." (It is going to be another long night......)

Seriously...how does she do it? The child has an amazing amount of stamina...or insomnia....

Blessed to be the Mommy of such an amazing, smart, funny, creative, playful, imaginative, sensitive, beautiful and sleepless little girl!
EMT

No comments: