1/26/09

Things I want to remember forever....

I love so many little things about my family. The simple little everyday things that I think I could never ever forget and yet as the years start to go by I find I don't remember as much as I thought I would. Little things like...

The way Kaden crosses his right foot over his left foot when he is thinking or playing or getting sleepy in his car seat.

His delight when he rolled the ball to me over and over and over saying "ball" each time.

The way Aubrie laughed when Steven let her cut a piece of his hair and the sheer shock and delight on her face.

How she snuggles up and "Koala's Mommy!"

The way Steven smiles when he hears Aubrie say, "Daddy, Let's Wrestle!!!"

The smile on his face when he comes home and how he faithfully tells Aubrie..."Hold on a minute...let me go kiss Mommy."

The way Max looks ever so longingly at our bed hoping for an invitation to jump up and snuggle up with us.

Bailey sleeping on Steven's pillow...much to his disgust!

Kaden's sweet giggle when he's playing with his sister.

Aubrie's amazing imagination and sweet nuturing spirit. She is only six and yet when I had the stomach flu last week she asked me if she could go get me a bucket and told me not to worry...she would take care of me and Kaden.

There are a million small and wonderful things I am privileged to hear, see and experience every day with my amazing family. I wish I could store them all up and remember each one but I know I will start to forget the little things over time. It's life. The great thing is that we are building a bond that will last a lifetime. Each silly joke shared. Each tear cried. The love we share as a family keeps getting stronger even as some of the memories fade. When I'm really old (and Steven's even older!) we won't remember the way Kaden tried to say "Moo" or "Quack, Quack, Quack"...we won't remember that Aubrie used to call McDonald's chicken nuggets, "Chickenfries." We won't remember all the silly things...but we will never forget and never let go of the amazing gift we've been given...the opportunity to love our children with God's help and to the best of our ability and to love each other.
So thankful for my wonderful husband, daughter, son and yes, even my two crazy dogs!
EMT

No comments: