6/10/09

Random thoughts

Today Kaden had his 18 month well baby check. ( A month late...oops!) Praise God he is up to the 45th percentile for his weight. At twelve months he was down below the 10th so we have made some very good progress. We have a couple minor medical procedures coming up over the summer as well.

Cute things Kaden is saying lately include...

Binkie: He calls it "BinkB" but it sounds a lot like baked beans. Aubrie and I laugh about it all the time.

He loves to say "OH NO! A Book!" I have no idea what this means or why he says it 100x a day. It's pretty funny though.

He loves anything that has wheels..."vroom, vrooms" as he calls them.

The other night I took the kids outside to look at the moon and stars...(good mom moment...teaching about God's creation etc) it ended badly though. Kaden REALLY wanted me to reach up and get him a star. He cried and cried and cried...saying "sTar, sTar" over and over. Poor kid. Aubrie (being the awesome sister that she is) decided we should come inside and make Kaden his very own star out of cardboard. So we cut it out and she colored it for him. He toddled around with it in his hand the rest of the night. "sTar!!!"

Aubrie is doing so well. She's happy to be out of school and is enjoying the free time to play. Her toy room is consistently home to many various pet shops, zoos and "aminal" hospitals. She has an amazingly tender heart for animals and for her brother. She is more patient with him than I am. She is truly a wonderful big sister.

Aubrie has also been invited to join the competitive gymnastics team. We are going to try it and see how it goes. She does have some natural ability and talent in that area but does not have a competitive nature. If it stops being fun for her we will pull her out and put her back in regular gymnastics. Oh, I'm sorry..."Gynastics!" She still forgets to put the "M" in that word. She also still says "Aminals" "Yeshterday" and "Worser" I promise I will correct them...soon...but to me they are the last little bit of her little girl words and I can't part with them yet. Sweet girl. What I am ready to part with is her dangling front tooth. She is terrified of having anyone touch it so there it dangles. Uh! Gross! She will lose it soon and spend most of the summer toothless. So cute.

We are still debating our plans for the fall which now include homeschooling...something I swore I would NEVER do. But it is looking like one of our better options. Kind of waiting to see at this point. It would be fun and crazy and hard but really good for me in a lot of ways...I would be forced to keep to a more strict schedule...hmmm...

I'm going to try to get back into my "blogging groove" so I can stay in touch with family/friends far away and also keep track of our life as it flies by so quickly. I was just going through a bin of Aubrie's baby clothes and it brought tears to my eyes (shocker, I know) to see all those sweet little outfits that now fit on her baby doll. How does it go by so fast? I'll never know.

Love to all,
EMT

No comments: